DirectoryEngine version 1.8.5 can be considered as a minor update including some bug fixes to help your site deliver a better performance.
Furthermore, since the latest version has been customized the code a little bit, please update the database in your admin panel to make sure everything will be fine. Choose Engine settings > Upgrade database > Click the Update button and that’s all.
Take a look at the below details to see what changes have been made in your DirectoryEngine:
Right from this version, when users sign up for the first time in the site, a notification will be displayed to remind you confirm your email address. It also includes a link to resend an activation code for your convenience.
The notification will follow you until the the confirmation process is complete. And of course, you have to enable the option “Email confirmation” in your admin account first so that the feature can be active.
- Fix bug in DE Multirating: In DirectoryEngine’s last version, the old rating couldn’t be saved when you enable extension DE Multirating. The bug has gone now.
- Fix “Free to submit post” feature: Previously, when admin enabled this option, the posting form didn’t show up. The problem has gone now.
- Fix “Load more” issue: In single place, if users clicked on Load more button, the title wouldn’t changed, it was considered as “underfined” and the social bar didn’t work. It has been fixed now.
- Fix ” Customize” feature: When user copied file search.php from parent theme to child theme, the customization wasn’t applied. The bug has gone now.
- Fix “Filter” issue: DE Featured Places widget displays the right results now.
- The Event date is now translatable.
Also, have you heard about our customization service? It’s about to start soon so wait no more and check it now.