From the day we released CE Shop, we’ve been running two different versions of ClassifiedEngine:
- One for the normal WordPress classified site: version 1.x
- One for those who are using CE shop: version 2.x
This is an effort in order not to affect customers’ previous customization and also a transitional period before the theme is completely updated.
And now, the update is done. In the next 30 days, we will allow users to update CE version 1.x to CE version 2.0. After that, only the ClassifiedEngine version 2.x will remain.
For those who are still using the old version, please note down the details below:
1. ClassifiedEngine version 2.x will have 4 main differences from the version 1.x
- post type name ad is changed to product
- ad_category is changed to product_cat
- et_price is changed to _regular_price
- et_featured is changed to _et_featured
2. As a result, if you have customized the theme (version 1.x) in the child theme or extensions, you should follow the following changes:
- ad should be changed to CE_AD_POSTTYPE
- ad_category should be changed to CE_AD_CAT
- et_price should be changed to CE_ET_PRICE
- et_featured should be changed to ET_FEATURED
3. Furthermore, when updating your theme to version 2.x, you have to visit the “Setup wizard” tab to activate the Update function once again.
This process may lead to some unpredictable problem, we recommend you to backup your database and test it carefully before applying for the live site.
Please kindly follow the instruction. If you have any problem or further questions, please don’t hesitate to submit a ticket in our forum.